Eclairs are arguably one of the most delicious desserts ever invented. They work for virtually any kind of gathering, whether you’re going for a fancy affair or something more relaxed and low key. Whatever the occasion may be, you can’t go wrong with this simple eclair puffs recipe!
If you’ve ever wanted to make eclairs, but thought they were likely far too complicated… you’re in luck. This simple eclair recipe is one you can’t go wrong with, regardless of your level of comfort in the kitchen. Another great thing about this recipe is that it uses ingredients that you likely already have around the kitchen!
Simple Eclair Puffs Recipe
Simple Eclair Puffs Recipe Ingredients:
1 box of instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package
1 jar of chocolate frosting
1 sticks of unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup of water
Simple Eclair Puffs Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot (non-stick preferred) bring water and butter to a boil.
3. Once water is boiling, stir in salt and flour. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes almost a firm ball (about 3-5 minutes).
4. Place mixture in a large mixing bowl.
5. Using an electric mixture, add in one egg at a time, being sure to blend all ingredients together before adding the next one.
Repeat until all three eggs have been added and mixed well.
6. Drop a spoonful of the dough onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Making sure to allow some space between dough, for it to rise.
7. Bake for 17-22 minutes until the edges are golden and the puffs have risen a bit.
8. Once puffs have cooled slightly, cut puffs in half.
9. Apply a spoon or dab of pudding to each half of puff, and close again like a sandwich.
10. Take a few spoonfuls of frosting and microwave a few seconds until melted. Drizzle chocolate over puffs.
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out the recipe for S’mores Cheesecake! It’ll be another for your favorites!