I’m not a huge fan of hot kitchens during the summer time. I love eating a nice and filling home cooked meal, but when it comes to standing around and whipping something up… I’ve found simple is best! Over the years, I’ve found pasta to be a great default when choosing the perfect summer dinner recipe. Another versatile summer staple is grilled chicken! If you know me, you know that anything grilled is pretty high up on my list of favorites (living in Kansas City, that’s kind of a must!). The grilled chicken Caprese pasta recipe pretty much combines the best of both worlds! Delicious pasta means tender and juicy grilled chicken… a combination you can’t go wrong with!
The most exciting thing about this recipe is that it’s super simple to make! I suggest marinating your chicken overnight so that the flavor sinks into the chicken and is nice and bold by the time you pull it out to grill it. Grilled chicken that is marinated well is by far one of the finer things in life.
The recipe contains a delicious pesto sauce which is also very simple and easy to make.
Once you’ve whipped that up, you’ll cut your grilled chicken into pieces and combine it with the ingredients to an excellent Caprese pasta! Simply mix it well, and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a both a quick weeknight summer recipe for your family, or to serve at your next summer gathering with friends!
The bold flavors and bright pops of color make the grilled chicken Caprese pasta recipe an awesome recipe to use for virtually any occasion.
Grab the grilled Caprese chicken pasta recipe below!
Caprese Pasta with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 2.5 pounds of boneless chicken cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 box of preferred pasta cooked and drained (I used capanelle)
- 7 tablespoons of ready made pesto
- 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or as desired (and optional for dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or as desired
- 1. Marinate chicken with 3 tablespoons of pesto and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- 2. Grill chicken over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through. Cut into bite size pieces.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons of pesto, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice and salt (if desired).
- 4. In a large bowl add in pasta, chicken, cheese, and tomatoes. Drip dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and gently fold all ingredients together, making sure everything has dressing.
- 5. Serve immediately.
Looking for the perfect beverage to pair with your grilled chicken Caprese pasta recipe? Grab the recipe for the refreshing cherry limeade lemonade!
Drop your thoughts off here: