Grab the grilled Caprese chicken pasta recipe below!
Caprese Pasta with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 2.5 pounds of boneless chicken cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 box of preferred pasta cooked and drained (I used capanelle)
- 7 tablespoons of ready made pesto
- 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or as desired (and optional for dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or as desired
- 1. Marinate chicken with 3 tablespoons of pesto and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- 2. Grill chicken over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through. Cut into bite size pieces.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons of pesto, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice and salt (if desired).
- 4. In a large bowl add in pasta, chicken, cheese, and tomatoes. Drip dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and gently fold all ingredients together, making sure everything has dressing.
- 5. Serve immediately.