Lavender essential oil is by far one of my favorite essential oils. Not only is the smell amazing, it’s the essential oil that is most relaxing to me. Tea tree oil is another essential oil that I love, mostly for its antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities. Over the years, I’ve found that these are two essential oils that happen to pair very well together too! When thinking of a DIY bath salt recipe, these were the very first two ingredients that popped into my mind! While my husband absolutely loves the DIY Men’s Body Wash that I created, I prefer to relax in a nice warm bath with some bath salts whenever I’m ready to wind down at the end of a long day.
Is this right up your ally too? If so, I suggest you try this super simple recipe for DIY Bath Salts that uses lavender and tea tree essential oils! Take a nice warm bath with these, and enjoy yourself a glass of wine after… you’re sure to have a wonderful nights sleep!
DIY Bath Salts Ingredients
1 cup Epson salt
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
1/2 cup baking soda
10-12 drops lavender essential oil
8-10 drops tea tree essential oil
Optional: 1-2 drops purple food coloring
DIY Bath Salts Directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the salts and the baking soda. Whisk to blend.
2. Add the essential oils, Vitamin E oil and food coloring (optional). Stir for at least 1 minute to ensure all ingredients are blended well. (You
will LOVE the aroma!)
3. Transfer to an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
How To Use DIY Bath Salts
1. Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of the lavender tea tree bath salts into your warm bath.
2. Sit back and enjoy the calming and relaxing scent of lavender and tea tree.
Benefits of DIY Bath Salts
1. Lavender is known for its calming and soothing benefits.
2. Tea tree is known for its cleansing and antiseptic qualities.
The perfect combination for a relaxing bath!