I’ve always been a huge fan of cheese bombs and cheddar-peppers. When I was asked to make them for a party of 10 guests, however, I became a little nervous. While the recipe is great for my small family, I’d need to make somewhere near 100 of these to accomadate all of our guest! I quickly decided that stuffed peppers were a better option. The thing is, I wanted to still have that creamy cheddar and mild heat with just a hint of sweetness that I love about cheese bombs! The solution? Cream cheese divers! I added a side of southwestern corn salad to seal the deal. This recipe immediately became a new family favorite, and was a hit at our party!
First, you’ll need to prepare your Southwestern Corn Salad.
Southwestern Corn Salad Ingredients
1 red pepper
1 poblano pepper
1 can of black beans
2 tbs of cilantro chopped
5 tbs lime juice
½ teas of ground cumin
1 tbs of olive oil
3 cans of corn
Southwestern Corn Salad Recipe
- Grill the peppers or roast them until you get a nice char for 15-25 min on 350 degrees
- Drain and mix corn and black beans.
- Add in lime juice and stir.
- Add in olive oil.
- Dice peppers and add.
- Stir in chipotle powder and cumin.
Now set this aside. It’s time to prepare your Cream Cheese Divers.
Cream Cheese Divers Ingredients
6 Bell Peppers (variety of colors)
1lb of ground beef (can be substituted for any type of meat. Ex: ground chicken or turkey
2 cups Cream Cheese
1 cup Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
⅓ cup chopped flat parsley
½ cup onion chopped
Salt & pepper (TT)
Cream Cheese Divers Recipe
- Cut tops from bell peppers, throwing away seeds and membranes.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; then drain
- Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt. In a skillet cook ground beef and onion til meat is browned
- Place Cream Cheese in medium heat and allow to melt down, stir in ⅓ cup of flat parsley then add 1 cup Cheddar Cheese and stir until color is distributed well.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Stuff peppers with Southwestern Corn Salad.
- Stuff with Cream Cheese mixture.
- Place on a large baking sheet or roasting sheet.
- Bake, in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and place back into oven for 5 mins.
*Garnish with sour cream, parsley, & red chili flakes.
You can also print the recipes below:
For more exclusive Chef Junior recipes, check out the Chef’s Corner!
You can also follow Chef Junior on Facebook and on Instagram, or book him for catering at Jr’s Cakes and Catering!