I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Chicco. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
When I was preparing to bring home my first baby, I went into a buying frenzy! I wanted to make sure that she had any and everything she could possibly need when she arrived home from the hospital. I wanted to “master” this whole parenting thing, and I just knew that having all of the best products would help me to do just that!
The end result?
Many of those “miracle” products winded up being highly impractical, and just plain unnecessary.
Fast forward 6 years later, and I now found myself welcoming home my THIRD child (wow, that escalated quickly!). My shopping list this time around was probably ¼ the size of the one with my first child… if not smaller. I learned over the years that a few essential and trusted products go MUCH further than just purchasing a bunch of items!
One key item on my list was a baby bottle. These are so important because I plan to breastfeed as long as possible, and want to make it easy for my baby to transition between breast and bottle, so Daddy and the rest of the family are able to help with feeding time too!
For me, the best bottle would be one that mimicked the shape and texture of a breast, so as not to confuse baby!
Chicco NaturalFit Advanced Feeding & Soothing System provides just the thing I was looking for!
The NaturalFit bottles are made of extra-soft silicone that are designed to be responsive to the changing feeding styles of babies. They come in three stages, which transition as baby grows.
Stage One – Newborn Flow
- The newborn flow nipples have an angled nipple with a wider, rounded base to help newborns latch and encourage proper neck positioning. Because the angle stays full of milk, baby ingest less air. The twin anti-colic valves also help prevent air ingestion, gas, and spit-up.
- These nipples can be used on 5 oz bottles, or with the 8 oz medium flow bottles.
Stage Two – Adjustable Flow (Slow, Medium or Fast)
- These adjustable flow nipples allow you to adjust the flow rate to fit baby’s growing appetite.
- Because at 4+ months babies have belter head and neck control, and generally fewer colic symptoms, the angled nipple is replaced with a straight nipple and rounded base. This allows the bottle to adapt to growing baby’s advancing feeding skills.
- These nipples pair with 8 oz bottles.
Stage Three – Fast Flow – 11 oz
- Older babies have increased suction strength, and these bottles are designed to accommodate it. They have a smaller and less rounded base for tighter lip support.
- The Elongated nipple encourages correct swallowing as baby’s sucking pattern becomes more efficient.
- These are available as an 11 oz bottle with fast flow nipple. The Y-Cut nipple can also be purchased separately!
My new baby is now 7 weeks old and we introduced the stage one newborn flow 3 weeks ago. We have also been using the Chicco NaturalFit pacifiers for her as well. She transitions from breast to bottle seamlessly, and prefers the pacifier above any other brands.
Notice that when she’s drinking from the bottle, her mouth mimics the shape it takes when she is latched and nursing from the breast.
I strongly suggest the Chicco NaturalFit be added to each and every new mother’s registry! Checkout the NaturalFit Display next time you’re at Babies “r” Us!
Chicco guarantees that you’ll like them, or they’ll provide a full refund plus the cost of shipping if you return the items! You can out more about the guarantee here.
You can learn more about the Chicco Naturalfit bottles by visiting the links below:
Chicco Website: http://www.chiccoshop.com
Chicco Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChiccoBaby
Chicco Twitter: https://twitter.com/chiccobaby